How do I get a camping space?
There are two types of camping at Pennsic: single and group camping.
- Camping space is set aside for those individuals or families who do not have a registered group to camp with. You can find out what spaces are still available when you check in.
- Single campers are not required to pre-register, but it will save you time and money at check-in.
- When you arrive at Pennsic, you will be informed what blocks in the campsite still have space for single camping.
- Single campers who arrive together may camp together. You may not save spaces for your friend(s) arriving later.
- Single campers cannot check in before Sunday of Land Grab weekend.
- If you prefer to have a confirmed camping space, you have the option of registering as a Group (of 1) and going through the land allotment process below. You will need to arrive on the Land Grab weekend (Friday / Saturday).
Groups go through a land allotment process to determine where their campsite will be
- Group registration takes place from January 1 - June 23.
- Any group of people can request a campsite at Pennsic – SCA local branches, households, friends with common interests, extended family, etc
- Every group must have one person to act as their Land Agent. The Land Agent must be able to attend Land Grab weekend to claim and stake out the group's land.
- Each group's campsite size is determined by the number of people who have pre-registered to camp with them.
- The Cooper's Lake Campground pre-registration form has a space to indicate the name of the group you are camping with.
- You must be in touch with the group's land agent before pre-registering to camp with the group. The agent will give you the official registered name of the group, to avoid any confusion during the allotment process