Known World Arts & Sciences Display
and Youth Arts & Sciences Display
Sunday, August 4, 2019
A&S Display Coordinator
Lady Adele Lochlane
Come and be part of the awesome display of craftsmanship from the Known World!
Pennsic 48 brings the 22nd annual display of the talents & knowledge of the Known World's Artisans and Craftspeople. The variety and scope of work are always a wondrous spectacle of artistic talents and scientific skills.
The display is not a competition. Bring your completed items, works-in-progress, research, and discussion material so that you may share, inspire, and enrich our Society. See what others in your field are working on, discover a new passion, make new contacts, and most importantly, have fun!
I look forward to seeing you and your works.
Time & Place
The Arts & Sciences Display will be held on Sunday, August 4th, in the Great Hall across from the European Dance Tent.
11:30 am: Artisans may set up their entries
1 pm to 5 pm: the Display is open to the public
5 to 5:30 pm: Break down displays
• All objects / displays need to be removed by 5:30.
• Please assist with the take down of tables to return the Great Hall to its empty state.
• Any display items left behind will be taken to Lost & Found.
Online Registration: Online Registration is now closed
Registration at Pennsic may be possible, depending on how much table space is still available.
Onsite late sign-up sheets will be available at University Point through 3:00pm Saturday, Aug 3.
Please contact Lady Adele at email@example.com with any questions.
Youth A & S Display
The Youth Arts & Sciences Display will take place in the Great Hall at the same time as the general display.
It will be in a designated area near the entrance of the Hall. Artisans may set up between 11:30 am - 1 pm.
- Before Pennsic: Register online with the above A&S Display Form. Please note the word Youth in the notes section.
- At Pennsic: Come to University Point before 3:00 pm Saturday Aug 3; there will be a Youth A&S Display sign-up sheet.
- Documentation sheets will be available at University Point and at the sign-in table during the display.
The display space is divided by Kingdom, allowing the Royalty, Peers, and Populace to see the efforts of their Craftspeople more easily.
- Only tables & benches will be provided. Please bring your own chair if you do not want to spend the day sharing a bench.
- There is a limit of 3 ft wide space per person (not per item). If you wish to bring alternative display items (stand, additional table, etc,) please let me know.
- If you have any special requirements of space, please describe it on your registration form, or contact me.
- You are not required to be present with your items. If you can only attend for part of the day, please still bring your items to share. However, please have someone to watch your items when you cannot be there. We cannot watch all the items, and do not take responsibility for them.
- Display Photography will be available. Sign-up sheet will be available at the check-in table on Sunday, August 4th.
A & S Consultation Tables
The A&S Consultation Table is a chance for entrants to voluntarily request feedback based on a higher degree of expectations that happen at more competitive levels. The focus of this feedback is on extensive research, historical understanding, and exemplary execution. These are all things that are important at A&S Championship competitions but also other activities throughout the Society. Even if you never plan to enter A&S competitions you can use this table as an opportunity for feedback.
Entrants: You have the option of signing up for voluntary constructive feedback at the A&S Consultation Tables after you have gone through the registration table. This is in addition to your other A&S Display activities and is no way required.
- We will visit you at your table to view your display and talk to you. We can also work with you on scheduling a specific time.
- You will not receive a score and there is nothing to win.
- You will have a chance to talk to experienced judges and walk through their thought process as they examine your entry.
- We can give you directed feedback and we can also walk you through example judging rubrics. It depends on what help you are requesting.
- We will attempt to accommodate as many entries as possible.
Judges: We also welcome volunteer judges. Want to help? Let us know! You are who are going to help make the A & S Consultation Tables successful.
- We'd welcome you for the full four hours; a two hour shift would also help. Let us know what you can do and we'll work with you.
- Never judged before and want to learn? Let us know. You can be a shadow judge. We'd welcome the company.
- We also hope that this will make the judging experience more constructive and more enjoyable.
- If you are interested in helping, please contact Meisterin Agatha Wanderer